Thursday, May 7, 2015

The 100th blog post! Thank you to all my colleagues and readers!


 "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. -Robert F. Kennedy"

"To remain indifferent to the challenges we face is indefensible. If the goal is noble, whether or not it is realized within our lifetime is largely irrelevant. What we must do therefore is to strive and persevere and never give up. -Dalai Lama"

Love those quotes!

I am sure we all went through days when you feel defeated. When you feel you have given it all but you couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am sure there are days that you couldn't wait for it to end so you could bury yourself on your couch or your room and hope the problem will go away. Unfortunately the problem will not go away. If it did, perhaps you will experience temporary happiness but mind you, the same problem will come back. Sometimes it's even greater. So, what works? I don't have an ultimate answer cause we are all different. Imagine if we all think alike, this world will be so boring. Right? My lean green belt sensei , Tim Sheehan always says, "Different doesn't equal wrong". Learning how to accept other's ideas and look at things with a different perspective will help all of us in the learning process. Doesn't innovation and thinking out of the box come from other perspectives?

On Sept 26, 2013, I started this blog to document and share happenings in the Environmental Services and Food and Nutrition department at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center which is managed by Sodexo. My first blog post garnered thirty one views and I didn't really know at that time what I should be writing or how I should even begin. I have to admit I have been pressing the refresh button hundreds of times after I posted my first blog post hoping the number will go higher the more times I refresh it. I was so excited and happy that someone is viewing my post! Thirty one might look like a small number but it is huge as this is my very first blog and the first time I wrote an article online. Hoping that I will get better numbers on my next post I tried again, sometimes I get better numbers and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I got discouraged but I just kept going. I know somehow someday someone somewhere will enjoy reading the blog about my joy of working at an amazing organization with amazing people. Of course, along the way, my colleagues whom I call my "D & D university" - Darrin Cassidy and Dan Buckley who are an English majors in college assisted me.  Linda Clay, my Director of Food and Nutrition coached me and assisted me in editing my blog post and she also provided me with a really good camera (Thanks Linda!).  I learned as I made mistakes. The more I wrote, the better I became. Initially, it was also very hard for me to get my colleagues to let me take their pictures and put them on the blog, but, as times goes by, they realized I am persistent and they started to eagerly participate. (Honestly, I know they love me although they might not want to admit it :)).

So, for this 100 blog post, I am dedicating my blog to all my colleagues at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, Burlington.

Thank you for:
1) Always being ready with a smile and letting me take your pictures when you see me with my camera
2) Being so...supportive
3) Your love (Love you all!)

Of course, a special thank you to all the readers who view this blog.  According to the entry page views on my blog page, my blog has been viewed 13217 times and the top 10 countries that have viewed my blog are:

1) United States
2) United Kingdom
3) Germany
4) France
5) Russia
6) Malaysia
7) Ukraine
8) Poland
9) Turkey
10) Switzerland

Thank you! Danke Schon! Merci! Спасибо! Terima Kasih! Дякую!Dziękujemy!Teşekkür ederiz!

In case if you are wondering, here is the link to my first blog post  http://sodexoatlahey.blogspot.com/2013/09/with-risingprice-in-gas-and-inflation.html

Hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!


Left to Right: Alex Wright, Lindsay Rafferty and Alex Garcia

Left to Right: Richard Delacy, Ashley Linger and Douglas Filosa

Left to Right: Jeffrey Collins, Christian Belizaire and Silas Silva
Left to Right: John Rota, Patty Vietro and Irene Camacho

Left to Right: Rebecca Hecht, Zuleima Reyes and Mercedes Cabrera

Left to Right: Betty De La Cruz and Linda Clay
Environmental Services Team
Left to Right: Chef David Cox and Ravi
Left to Right: Herb Rukin ,Rich Delacy and Peter Hood

Left to Right: Rudolph Perry, Timothy Norton, Dan Buckley, Steven Davie and Marc Tabot

Left to Right: Dan Buckley and Darrin Cassidy
Left to Right: Antoine Frantz, Nelson Silva,Miguel Martinez and John Rota


Left to Right: Diana Cushing, Ayoub Aitbourezgue and Herb Rukin
Left to Right: Betty De La Cruz, Douglas Filosa and Maria Petkiewich
Left to Right: Katherine Lundy, RD, Sara O'Brien, RD, Allison Herrick, RD

Left to Right: Rebecca Bradley, MS, RD, LDN, CDE and Allison Herrick, RD

No comments:

Post a Comment