Thursday, March 19, 2015

It's so...cold out there...but spring is coming tomorrow. A little "smell of hope" will warm up your day!

Spring is officially starting tomorrow, Friday, March 20. Since Boston had the snowiest winter on record with 108.6 inches of snow this winter, http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/boston-snow-record-break-snowiest-winter-ever/43991418 I am sure all Bostonians couldn't wait for spring to come. Unfortunately, there is a chance of snow again tomorrow on the first day of spring! One couldn't help but felt deflated. It looks like the good old winter is not going to leave us just yet.

Just when I give up hope and bundled myself up for the cold 19 degree Fahrenheit this morning, upon walking in to work, I "smell" a ray of hope. Ya..You read it right. There is such thing as, "smell of hope". It comes in the form of " the smell of your favorite baked goods (Chocolate?Vanilla?Cinnamon?Oohhhh..I better stop :))", "smell of your favorite shower gel", "smell of your favorite candles" or "smell of your favorite Coffee". It can come in different variety depending of what makes you feel happy that moment. Today, my "smell of hope" comes in the form of curry. It reminds me of home,and one of my favorite holidays,  Diwali http://sodexoatlahey.blogspot.com/2013/10/diwali.html . My lips started to curve up. A smile is evident. I am happy. I am warm and of course I want my curry :)

So....what are you waiting for? Go get your "smell of hope". I have told you where I found mine today. If you happened to be around Burlington,MA, stop by for a wonderful Indian cuisine prepared by Chef Ravi Rajkarnikar and the production team lead by our Executive Chef, Chef David Cox.

Good luck in your search! It will be great if you could share it with me.

Have a great day and Happy Spring!




Today Special at the Cafeteria World Cuisine Station- Chicken Vindaloo, Basmati Rice, Vegetable Pakoras, Channa Massala 


Left to Right: Ravi Rajkarnikar and Chef David Cox

(Left to right): Ravi Rajkarnikar, Stephen Wetterwald, Jeremy Melanson

No comments:

Post a Comment