Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Marie Cazeau, Housekeeper at Lahey truly exemplifies the meaning of Patients are the heart of everything we do......

At Sodexo we believe Patients are the heart of everything we do. We believe healing is more than curing a disease, an illness, or a condition. It's about caring for someone's complete physical and emotional well-being. It's about supporting guests, doctors, nurses, and non-clinical staff to enhance the healing process.

A few weeks ago, I received a messsage to call one of my colleagues, Marie Cazeau (Danielle). She told me she wanted me to help her "Make the patient feel better" as she saw one of "her" patient was very sad that day. She has spend time talking to the patient but she wanted to give a special card to the patient to wish her well. I've suggested her to make a towel animal for the patient but she wanted to do something even more amazing. So, we walk to the hospital gift shop and selected a cheerful get well card for the patient and we wrote a nice get well message. I wish I could take a picture to show you how happy Danielle was when she saw the card. She couldn't stop smiling. It feels like I just brought a kid to a candy store. The feeling of fulfillment and happiness. She truly display the true meaning of Patients are the heart of everything we do. This is not the first time she called me for ideas to improve patient's experience. I believe an act of kindness that displayed by Danielle goes a long way to help the patient's healing process.

Recently, Irene Camacho, Environmental Services department supervisor received a heartwarming letter from a patient's family regarding the care his mom received from Danielle. Here is the letter"


"Hello,

I am writing to make sure you know what a wonderful employee you have in Danielle Cazeau.  My mother is very sick and has been in and out (mostly in) of Lahey Hospital, 5 West, for months.  She has had many ups and downs with her illness.  I can truly say that Danielle has put a smile on my mother's face many, many times.  Danielle brightens my mother's day, which is so important right now while she is struggling.  Danielle is so thoughtful and she really does care about the patients.  She is someone that my mother looks forward to seeing daily.

I realize that cleaning the patients' rooms is Danielle's job.  However, I believe that her interacting with her great personality and caring are also a big part of her job.  My entire family is so thankful for employees like Danielle.

Honestly, Danielle makes things a little easier for my mother during this awful time.  She makes a difference.  I just wanted to be sure that you know that what a great asset Danielle Cazeau is to Lahey Hospital.
Thank you so much for your time”


Danielle- Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for putting Patients at the heart of everything we do

No comments:

Post a Comment