Friday, January 3, 2014

Teamwork displayed by the Food and Nutrition team during the first winter storm in 2014



First 2014 winter storm. Picture taken in front of the hospital.

It's still snowing in Burlington and the roads are still covered with snow as I wrote this blog on a Friday morning. According to the National Weather Service, Boxford, just north of Boston, by Thursday night, had 21 inches of snow while other parts of the state had 17 or 18 inches of snow.

It took me 2 and a half hours to come to work today. I took the public transportation today instead of driving as it will take me longer to drive. I had to admit, the trip is a bit exhausting but my tireness all melted when I walk in to the department. Smiling faces greeted me every step that I walk and I was also greeted by concerned colleagues asking me how my trip to work was today. I am sure they experienced the same when they came to work today. The feeling is truly magical.

The true dedication and teamwork of the Food and Nutrition team at Lahey truly shows during this challenging time. There is only one call out today and it is business as usual in the department. I can't help but felt enourmous pride and humility for the opportunity to work with this amazing team.

I also learned that there were also a few colleagues who has been here at the hospital since 11am yesterday and spend the night in the hospital to serve sandwiches to our colleagues who was stucked in the hospital. Some colleagues also spend the night at a nearby hotel so they could make it to work on time the next morning. Thank you for for putting patients at the heart of everything we do. A special thank you to Heather Dinnitto, Erion Nikolla, Matt Spencer, Bradley Naim, Niki Perry and Jonathan Robins for staying overnight in the hospital.

We are very grateful of having such an amazing team.

Here are some pictures from colleagues that came to work today:



(Left to Right: Heather and Erion)


(Left to Right: Nikki,Jody,Erion,Keith)
 

(Left to Right: Silas and Diane)
 


(Left to right: Silas, Manny,Marc,Steve,Keith,Shana,Jason)



(Left to Right: Our RDs team: Katherine,Sara,Allison,Taylor,Elizabeth, Susan,Rebecca (Becky))

John Brigham



(Left to right: Ayoub and Rich)


No comments:

Post a Comment