Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Go......Red Sox! Go......Food and Nutrition team!


Front row (Left to Right) Emi Rizik, Maria Petkiewich, Yuko Gosselin, Herb Rukin, Rose Noseworthy, Diane Cushing,
Rich Delacy
Back row: James Tuson, Betty De la Cruz, Jason Surette

I am going to be honest, I love the Boston Red Sox! Not based on how well they play, but it is the team spirit displayed by the team and most importantly by all Bostonians that makes me fall in love with the team. One can truly understand why we are called Red Sox Nation in Boston. You can walk around Boston and you will see everyone proudly wearing their Red Sox gear. You could go to any event, whether at someone's home or at a business meeting, and the Boston Red Sox somehow will always be in the conversation. When the team wins, everyone comes to work motivated. When the team loses, everyone feels depleted.

I couldn't help but feel this is the best team spirit that a team could display. A sense of belonging, pride and unity. I felt these feelings are similar at the Food and Nutrition department at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center. Recently, our team won the Spirit of Sodexo NorAm award, which is the highest honor in Sodexo North America. We also achieved a Tier 1 result, which is the highest score in the recent Hospital’s employee engagement survey.

When you walk into the department, everyone has the same goal: providing exceptional service to our patients, visitors and colleagues and there is a sense of pride, belonging and unity in the department.

I am proud to work with my team here at Lahey. Recently, Maria Petkiewich, a Jazzman's staff member submitted the below compliment about our director in Lahey's Above and Beyond page, which is a colleague recognition program at Lahey:

"Not Just My Boss, Also My Friend!
I want to thank Linda Clay. This September, the Food and Nutrition Department won the the award for being the "Best Team in North America." My colleagues in the department are very good workers, but Linda makes us be the best we can be! Under her leadership, we became not only a "team," but also a family. We work well together, not just for our paycheck, but to make the patients and visitors know that Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a very special place. We have a wonderful role model in Linda. Whenever I have a concern or problem, she tries to solve it immediately. Every day, when I come into work, I try to be like Linda. I want to congratulate and thank her from the bottom of my heart. She is not just my boss, she is my friend!"

Exemplary service really starts from the top. I wanted to take this opportunity to recognize Linda, the Food and Nutrition management team, and all colleagues in the Food and Nutrition department for making everyday a better day for all those you served.

Go Red Sox! Go Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment