Friday, September 18, 2015

How's your Friday so far? Need an inspiration?

Happy Friday everyone!

I guess most people in Boston are taking the day off today as we are having the last hurrah of warm weather(High 81 Fahrenheit today followed by mid seventies tomorrow) before facing the chilly September fall weather next week.

The drive to work was a breeze. A usual one hour journey only took me 40 minutes today and with the warm weather, I know I am starting my Friday right :).

Work has been very productive this morning and one thing leads to another, it's been almost two hours since I arrived at work.

Maria Petkiewich, Food Services worker at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center stopped by at my office with a beautiful smile on her face asking me if I am free? Of course I am. Always have time for Maria :). What happened next blew my mind away. She stopped by as she wanted to show me her family picture which she took 9 years ago when her daughter, the beautiful Dayanara was just a baby. Time passed by so.....fast!  Not sure about you. I always felt like once we hit 21, time flies. Perhaps we didn't see ourselves getting wiser each day but when we see little kids grow up, you can't deny the fact that time flies. So, don't forget to take time to appreciate everything around you.

If you are currently at work, write down the names of five people whom you have not spoken with in the last month or perhaps the names of people whom you should thank. Stop by at their desk, spend two minutes each. It will only takes 10 minutes and trust me, your Friday will be more rewarding.

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Friday!


Picture of Maria, Bobby and Dayanara taken 9 years ago

Picture of Megan and Tony, children of Debra Francis (Patient Services lead) taken when they were 11 and 5. Now they are 17 and 11

No comments:

Post a Comment